For many years, I have been celebrating the tradition of drinking heavily and spending time with my friends on St. Patty's Day. What I have not celebrated is the way people dress and behave on that night. It wasn't until I let my proverbial hair down and wore my own funny Irish drinking t-shirts, that I realized that I have been doing it wrong this whole time.
I have a lot of fun on Saint Patrick's Day by going out and partying hard, just like most everyone else. I have an Irish grandparent on both sides of my family, so there quite a bit of Irish pride flowing through my veins. That's part of the reason I always thought dressing up in the costumes and funny Irish drinking t-shirts was a bit disrespectful.
One of my friends managed to get me drunk enough before we headed to the bar last year to put on one of his funny Irish drinking t-shirts. Even though I was totally smashed before we ever set foot out of the door, I was already determined that this whole t-shirt business was a terrible idea.
Guess what? I had the absolute time of my life. I showed up wearing, what was honestly, a really funny Irish drinking t-shirt and someone bought me a shot of whiskey as soon as I walked in. They complimented my shirt, high-fived me, and we did a shot together. There is no one more popular at a bar than a red-headed Irishman wearing a funny Irish shirt. I was brother to every person with even an iota of Irish blood.
Coming from the viewpoint of someone who has never approved of crazy costumes and acting silly just for the sake of showing everyone around you how enthusiastic you are, I have to admit that celebrating Saint Patrick's Day with funny Irish drinking t-shirts makes everything so much better and SO much drunker! If you haven't found your green yet, I suggest you jump on the Internet and start looking now!
I have a lot of fun on Saint Patrick's Day by going out and partying hard, just like most everyone else. I have an Irish grandparent on both sides of my family, so there quite a bit of Irish pride flowing through my veins. That's part of the reason I always thought dressing up in the costumes and funny Irish drinking t-shirts was a bit disrespectful.
One of my friends managed to get me drunk enough before we headed to the bar last year to put on one of his funny Irish drinking t-shirts. Even though I was totally smashed before we ever set foot out of the door, I was already determined that this whole t-shirt business was a terrible idea.
Guess what? I had the absolute time of my life. I showed up wearing, what was honestly, a really funny Irish drinking t-shirt and someone bought me a shot of whiskey as soon as I walked in. They complimented my shirt, high-fived me, and we did a shot together. There is no one more popular at a bar than a red-headed Irishman wearing a funny Irish shirt. I was brother to every person with even an iota of Irish blood.
Coming from the viewpoint of someone who has never approved of crazy costumes and acting silly just for the sake of showing everyone around you how enthusiastic you are, I have to admit that celebrating Saint Patrick's Day with funny Irish drinking t-shirts makes everything so much better and SO much drunker! If you haven't found your green yet, I suggest you jump on the Internet and start looking now!
About the Author:
To quench your thirst about funny Irish drinking t-shirts there is a Website at funny Irish drinking t-shirts where the process is described in detail.
No comments:
Post a Comment